Saturday, February 4, 2012

May the Odds...



If there is one thing that has me simultaneously jump-out-of-my-skin excited and tummy-flip-flopping nervous it is the new Hunger Games movie coming out in a few weeks.

I was slow to hop on the Hunger Games train - for a middle school teacher, I'd been inexplicably, yet  actively, avoiding young adult literature for years.  After the Twilight phenomenon spread beyond the middle school/high school girl set and actually began spreading to the boys, I decided it was time to see what all the fuss was about.  And I've been loving young adult literature ever since.

Genre not withstanding, The Hunger Games series is perhaps the best series I've ever read.  Period.  I'm not sure I would have loved them as much as a young adult - it's a story that I do believe is best appreciated as a grown up; one who's been through a few tough spots.
It is a series that is incredibly difficult for me to talk about.  And as a girl who has conditioned herself to talk far more than I'd like, that says a lot.  I connected to these books in a way that I haven't to others.  And it's because of this that I find the movie so exhilarating and terrifying.  It would be so easy to mess up...

Luckily, all material and trailers released to date look nothing short of amazing.  I know it sounds silly, but it makes me feel very relieved.   Not to mention covered with goose-bumps.



May the odds be ever in your favor. 

1 comment:

  1. Saw trailer #1 on the big screen yesterday. I found myself bouncing up and down in my seat!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...