Monday, February 20, 2012

Possibility and Perspective (Happy late Valentine's Day!)

Valentine's Day is a tough holiday for lots of us single folk.  Not necessarily because we're lonely or embittered or even jealous for those who are sharing with others on this romantic day of days.... but because there's just so much more out there that might be worth talking about than chocolate, flowers, expensive restaurant reservations and, dear Lord, lingerie.  Yeesh.


As a single girl in her thirties, of course I'm not immune to the pressures of the woulda-shoulda-coulda's the big V-day has to offer.  But I'm trying to focus on the here and now - the things that I have, instead of that which I have not yet attained.  It sounds lofty, that.  It's actually really hard.  And I'm not always super good at it.  It's really easy to say, ok world, I'm thankful for what you've offered up and I look forward to seeing what's next... but really loving it in the moment can be a different story.
At the end of the day, Valentine's Day, like most days, isn't really about being lovey-dovey or having that certain romantic someone in your life.  It's about finding like-minded people.  Sharing ideas.  Being inspired, as well as inspiring others.


I had a bigger, more drawn out plan for this post... (not to mention the grand intention of actually posting on Valentine's Day)  But I stumbled upon a beautiful post from fellow blogger, Kyla Roma, who I think may have just trapped my inner thoughts and feelings and slapped it out there into the world.  She's savvy, spunky, stylish and all kinds of other fun 's' adjectives.  So in lieu of my own muddlings, I highly recommend checking out Ms. Kyla's here.  She is my winter inspiration these days.  Hands Down.
{photo source}

To inspration, creativity, kindness.  And above all... love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...