Monday, March 19, 2012

Maple Glazed Deliciousness

Not too long ago, my afterwork days were filled with nothing but Food Network.  It was easily the bulk of my TV watching and the dinner hour was nothing if not inspired.  I have my list of Food Network crushes, but I gotta be honest, Rachel Ray is not usually one of them.  


I watched 30 Minute Meals because it always aired right before dinnertime.  But while Jamie Oliver makes my heart and lifestyle dreams go pitter-pat, while Paula Deen makes me want to declare butter it's own food group, and while Ina Garten makes me want to live a luxurious life of luncheons with famous friends in the Hamptons, well... Rachel Ray usually kind of makes me want to yell at the TV.  I hate her fascination with orange, plastic looking kitchenware and decor.  I actively dislike her kitschy love of honey bears.  And I loathe her pre-episode intros... full of the same three hand gestures and over-animated eyebrow acting again and again.  But I gotta hand it to her.  Girl can cook.  


One of my favorite things to make from crazy girl's repertoire is a part of a massive recipe... Maple-Dijon Glazed Pork Chops.  It is soooo good.  So when my cravings took hold last night, how could I resist?  


{get the full recipe, which includes apple sauce and mac-n-cheese, here}


So good, in fact that I forgot to photograph the evidence until it was nearly too late...  I call it dedication to the food.  Or forgetfulness.  Or just plain hunger.   Such is life.  



Rachel suggests this tasty treat be served with a topping of homemade applesauce and with a healthy (read: not at all) side of homemade mac-n-cheese.  That's a bit much for me and my simple Sunday solo suppers - but the pork chop recipe itself is easy-peasy to multiply or divide depending on the number of servings you're looking for.   It's the perfect sweet yet savory, won't bust your diet, treat.  Win-win-win.  


Maple-Dijon Glazed Pork Chops

4 large center cut pork loin chops (1 1/2" thick)
Salt and Pepper
2 T. olive oil
2 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. (real) maple syrup

Pat your pork chops dry with a paper towel and season liberally with salt and pepper.  Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Place the chops into the heated pan and cook 6-7 mins per side.  (If you're using pork chops thinner than 1 1/2", watch closely.  I usually drop the flame down a notch and shorten the cooking time a skosh.)  Add mustard and maple syrup to chops and glaze for ~1 minute.  If cooking fewer than 4 chops, adjust the mustard/syrup ratio to taste.  
Awesome served with green veg and potatoes of your choosing. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...