Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's A Classic Tale...

...a girl, the family farm, and the goat who stole her heart.  


Last week, I saw this post by Lauren and I fell head over heels in love.  It know it sounds silly, but of all the animals in the world that I want to cuddle, goats are high on that list.  

The thing about a goat is that when they are young, they are not only cutie-patootie, but they genuinely love to receive and give attention.  And on a bad day, there is just something phenomenal about an unexpected snuggle bug.  Soooo great.  

So when my mom told me the other day that my cousin has decided to dive into farming by getting goats - I about jumped out of the car with excitement.  He lives on my grandparent's farm, in the house my grandfather was born in, and I'm so proud that he has taken on the family business.  It's a daunting task.  The house is old, the land is large and lush and the existing farm buildings are definitely looking a little worse for wear.  It's a lot of work, a lot of memories and history to uphold.  It's a huge job and an endless list of maintenance.  I have so much respect for him.  And the goats... oooh the goats!  

After the Easter dinner was served, the wine replenished (and replenished... and replenished), pie plates cleared and washed, the entire clan made the trek to the farm next door to meet the goats.  We even named the babies - Oatmeal Cream Pie and Sophie Two-Tone are my faves, but Shane and Kismit are pretty great too. :) 


There are not enough words to express the excitement and the love I have for these little snuggle bugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...