Thursday, April 26, 2012

This Just Might Change Everything


There are a lot of questions lurking in the recesses of my brain these days.  Things feel very up in the air.  I'm waiting to hear a decision that has the potential to dramatically change my life.  Forever.  I'm excited.  I'm hopeful.  I'm anxious.  And I've been thinking a lot about change.  In all aspects of my life - especially if the decision turns out against my grander wishes.  


Relationships.  Lifestyles.  Reads.  Eats.  All of it.  Even this little space.  I feel like I've been searching for something for a while... I'm not really sure what it is yet, but I feel like I'm getting closer.   And that is very exciting.  I feel genuinely inspired.  Like the possibilities are truly endless.  And don't we all need more days like that?  


Reading:   The Maze Runner and anything by Walt Whitman or Henry David Thoreau


Listening:    Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal, Head & the Heart - Cats and Dogs & Coeur D'Alene


Watching:  Forks Over Knives and kitten slumbers.  


Inspired by:    Linden + Rosemary.  Quite altering.  Everything I want in life is here. 


Craving:    Farmer's markets and a grand market tote.  (and more crostini!)


Dreaming of:   Camping!  I've never been.  I feel some quality time under the stars will change me in the best of ways.   


Smelling:    Fresh spring air through open, breezy windows.  


Gobbling:  White Bean & Rosemary Crostini.  yummm.  This is quite possibly the most amazing meal I've had in a long, long time.  At first I was a bit oogy at the thought of eating beans on bread as a meal - but if you're sharing the sentiment, let me tell you... GET OVER IT.  It is delish and all things wonderful.  Try it.  It will make you happy.  


White Bean & Rosemary Crostini
via Lindsey at Linden + Rosemary

1-14oz. can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 T. olive oil + more for bread
1 large clove garlic, minced
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 t. fresh rosemary, minced
pinch red pepper flakes
s + p to taste
baby arugula
1 baguette, sliced or halved (sliced = appetizer, halved = entree)

In a medium bowl, combine beans, oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and pepper flakes.  Season with salt and pepper and mix well.  Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.  
Preheat oven to 375F and arrange baguette on baking sheet.  Brush with olive oil.  Toast in oven until crusty and slightly golden on top.  If serving as appetizer, toss a handful of arugula into bean mixture and pile a small scoop on each baguette slice and drizzle remaining marinade equally among crostini.  If serving as a meal, spoon mixture onto baguette and drizzle remaining marinade.  Toss arugula with a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve on the side.  

It is... so good.  
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...