Thursday, May 17, 2012

What Dreams May Come...


This space has been pretty sleepy lately.  I've had a lot on my mind that I'm not quite ready to discuss here yet, but suffice it to say, it's been one of the most stressful times of my adult life.  While I've tried to maintain my cool during my daytime hours, it seems the nighttime hours have a mind of their own.  

I've had at least one nightmare every night for the past 2+ weeks.   This week alone I've watched my beloved kitten be skinned alive, I've been trapped in my burning house,  I've been left alone in a strange city trying to escape crazy criminal minds,  I've had caustic acid thrown in my face, and perhaps most horribly,  I've been beaten, raped and murdered by one of my most favorite students.

It doesn't take intense dream analysis for me to work these out.  Major life decisions have been out of my control for quite a while.  There's definitely a sense of vulnerability and helplessness and general anxiety that has permeated my recent days.  

But today I got news... news that will hopefully change my life for the better.  Or at least bring me a good night's sleep.  Hopefully leaving kittens, students, and self unscathed.  

Perchance, to dream.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs.....and I'm pulling for want you want.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...