Sunday, July 8, 2012

Q & A: Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years?

It is amazing how much can change in such a small span of time.  Not measurable things, perhaps, but things nonetheless.  Every now and again moments of change jump up and smack us in the face... but more often then not... well, they don't.  

This week, I discovered this little gem of a book: Q & A; 365 Questions, 5 years, 1,825 Answers.  The premise is simple.  Answer one question per day for an entire year.  When the year is up, start again.   Each page has space for five years' worth of answers.  Despite the small size and small response space, this little book holds huge promise.  A sort of journal for the commitment phobic, if you will.  Low commitment, big results.  Genius.  


The ability to see how we've changed from year to year is such a gift.  And I'm super excited to get started. Every now and again, I'm planning on sharing some of the questions and responses here; but mostly, I'm excited to look back.  To see how those little day to day moments and moods and frustrations have changed over time.  How I've changed.  


So much has changed in my life this year - this week, even - I can't imagine where I will be in a year.  I can't imagine what kind of place I'll be in physically and emotionally.  I can't wait to see where some of these changes will lead me.  And I'm super excited to have a way to document and compare these moments as the year goes by.  Who knows?  I just may end up with a legitimate answer to the worst interview question of all time... 


Where do you see yourself in five years?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...