Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's the Little Things


Regardless of the hustle and bustle I find myself distracted with so often, excuses that inexplicably take me away from things I genuinely love, an age-old expression remains - "Wherever you go, there you are." 

No matter the distractions, no matter the twists and turns, this year has been one of many changes, much chaos, and ultimately a great deal of reflection. This year has been joyous and sad, exciting and mundane, frustrating and hopeful. It's so important for me to remember is that great things come from small beginnings.  It is so important for me to remember to stop, to be present in the moment.  To find the beauty in the everyday moments.  

This little diddy sums up my feelings of the year quite fantastically. There is much change, much motion and disruption - of little and great consequence. Yet, the core remains unchanged. Resilient and strong. It is at once simple and complex, beautiful and commonplace.  I love noticing the little changes, the tiny movements in the background.  How each little change creates a rippling effect on the whole.  And I can't help but wonder, which little moments in my life have created the most impact on the whole of this year?  What small moments are yet to come?  A most exciting time, indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...