Ah Janurary... cold and unforgiving, laziness and relaxation producing...
* These are days for soaking in the early semester, no-need-to-grade-papers-at-home-ness of it all.
* These are days when that extra glass of wine (or the one glass of red) calls my name and says, yes please... come drink me.
* These are days when new jobs and new people start to feel normal.
* These are days when a cuddle fest with the kitten seems just too good to pass up.
* These are days when a comfy chair or couch or blanket calls out... please. Relax. Come sit a spell and be still.
* These are days when the Earl Grey is refilled often and a hot mug soothes a comfortable soul.
* These are days when even the book on the table calls out, and the sleepiness becomes dire, watching that next episode of TrueBlood seems all the more important.
* These are days of fighting the plague and winning.
* These are days of reconnecting with friends. Missing and not missing the hours shared under a common purpose.
* These are days of renewal and rejuvenation. When ideas come forth and plans begin to hatch.
Perhaps not as active as I'd hoped. Perhaps not as organized or disciplined as I would have liked. But good. These are good days.