Sunday, February 3, 2013

Breakfast of Champions

I love veg.  I do.   I love cooking with them.  I really love doing the slicing and dicing.   I find it downright therapeutic.  The smell of sautéed peppers and onions, intoxicating.  

But.  Well, my cravings don't exactly call for spinach.  Ever.
In light of this and the perhaps even more pressing need for a quick breakfast in the morning with minimal - read zero - effort, I have jumped on the bandwagon.  The green smoothie has entered my life.


Three parts veg to one part fruit, add a splash of water... green gold, indeed.  It's quick.  It's easy.  It's surprisingly delicious.  Enough to get me going in the morning - so much so that I almost don't need my morning diet coke... almost.  It keeps me going all the way until lunch, which in my stomach's world is a tall order, indeed.  And, it's good for me.

If you hear stunned silence, it's me.

It looks funny, this.  But I can't imagine I'm going to be walking away from this little lady anytime soon.  And neither should you.

Green Smoothie

2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup cold water

Blend until smooth.  Makes ~2 cups of smoothie goodness.  
Make ahead and freeze if desired.  

Sip and be amazed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...